FM-200 Suppression Systems
FM-200® is a clean, colorless, and environmentally friendly fire suppression agent that is electrically non-conductive and safe for humans.
|Category:||FM 200 System|
FM-200® is a clean, colorless, and environmentally friendly fire suppression agent that is electrically non-conductive and safe for humans. It extinguishes flames primarily through heat absorption, leaving no residue, thus minimizing downtime after a fire and making FM-200 suppression systems accepted and respected worldwide with over one hundred thousand installations in more than seventy countries.
Typical areas of fire protection
- Telecommunication facilities
- Computer rooms
- Control rooms
- Historical archive storage
- Art galleries
- Pharmaceutical and medical facilities
- Record storage facilities
These systems consists of the following components and their associated accessories:
- FM-200 Storage Components – Storage components consist of the cylinder assembly(s), which contains the FM-200 chemical agent, and the cylinder bracket(s), which holds the cylinder assembly securely in place.
- FM-200 Distribution Components – Distribution components consist of the discharge nozzles used to introduce the FM-200 into a protected hazard along with the associated piping system used to connect the nozzles to the cylinder assembly.
- Trim Components – Trim components complete the installation of the FM-200 system and consist of connection fittings, pressure gauge, low-pressure supervisory switch, electric valve actuator, and manual valve actuator.
- Slave Arrangement Components – Slave arrangement components consist of the pneumatic valve actuator(s), actuation check valve, vent check, actuation hose, and fittings required for a multiple cylinder (slave) arrangement.
- Supplemental Components – Supplemental components include the discharge pressure switch and manifold check valve. They supplement the core equipment or complete a specific multi-cylinder configuration.
- Control Panel – This device monitors the condition of the electric actuator, detectors, warning devices, cylinder pressure, and any manual release and abort stations. All electric or electronic devices must connect to the control panel in order to function.
- Early Warning Detection and Alarm Devices – Early warning detection devices coupled with manual release and abort stations maximize system efficiency while audible and visual alarm devices alert staff of alarm conditions.
FM-200 fire extinguishing systems are designed to be discharged within 10 seconds into a room, area, or enclosure with the structural integrity to retain the agent. The FM-200 uniformly mixes throughout the protected area achieving a minimum concentration level in accordance with NFPA 2001 and/or agency listings.
Below is a list of the Janus Fire Systems Novec 1230 fluid cylinder assemblies:
Chemical Properties of FM-200
FM-200® (HFC-227ea) is formed from the elements carbon, fluorine and hydrogen (CF3CHFCF3 -heptafluoropropane). The primary extinguishing mechanism of FM-200® is heat absorption, with a
secondary chemical contribution from the thermal decomposition of FM-200 in the flame.
FM-200 leaves no residue and is safe for use in occupied spaces.
Most common metals, such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, lead, stainless steel, and copper, as well as rubber, plastic, and electronic components, are unaffected when exposed to FM-200
Nominal Cylinder Size Fill Capacity Valve Discharge
Minimum Maximum lb kg lb kg inches mm 40 lb 22 10.0 43 19.5 1-1/4 32 80 lb 41 18.6 81 36.7 1-1/4 32 130 lb 66 29.9 131 59.4 1-1/4 32 250 lb 126 57.2 252 114.3 2 50 420 lb 211 95.7 422 191.4 2 50 600 lb 304 137.9 609 276.2 3 80 900 lb 455 206.4 910 412.7 3 80 1000 lb 561 254.5 1000 453.6 3 80